if you, like us, are obsessed with sleeping in beautiful white linen you will feel a conection with susie rosen, co-founder of ‘white home’, connoisseur and self professed lover of linen – susie shares with bird and knoll her six favourite things.
1. my kids & hubbie – cliche but true ! my 3 kids bring out this incredible raw emotion in me, taking me to wierd and wonderful places whilst hubbie keeps me well and truly grounded. there is nothing I love more than coming home at night, closing my doors and knowing that my cosy family are neatly tucked away between the four walls of my home.
2. white linen sheets – beatuful cool linen in the summer and warm in the winter, linen is just the most beautiful thing ever to sleep in and it is an obsession that turned into a business. my kids love to snuggle into our sheets (although they have linen on their beds – ours just seems so much more comfortable for them !) and watch a movie and kids look so cute under white linen. we have a range which is called ‘avignon washed linen’ which you don’t iron so not only is it the best thing every but also the most practical!
3. cheese – unfortunately I don’t have a bias for any particular cheese I love them all! it is the first place I go to in a deli or supermarket and although adore our annual buying trips to paris, sadly you are more likely to find me in the supermarket salivating over new varieties to try whilst others enjoy the pretty sights the city has to offer – I don’t think a day goes by without me having a sneaky wedge of cheese !
4. liberty london – my absolute favourite store in the whole wide world. I have the fondest memories of going to liberty’s at christmas as a child growing up in London and just thinking it would be the most amazing place to get lost in. my passion for this mesmerizing retail haven has not changed once bit and remains my first go to place when back in london.
5. louis vuitton keepall travel bag – I am not one for flaunting brands names around but there is something about louis vuitton that is so very chic, classic and oozing quality. it holds just the right amount needed – I am not sure what I enjoy more, my travel destination of the thought of using my keepall once again …..
6. entertaining – “mi casa su casa” is a motto I live by. I adore having a house full of people, eating, drinking and just having a fun time and gossiping into the long hours. spending time with our closest friends and family and bringing food to the table is for me a cathartic and almost religious experience.