What can only be described as one of the most romantic islands on earth, Santorini is one of those places that is guaranteed to pull on your heartstrings at first sight. We captured that romance and beauty on our recently released cashmere scarf, Santorini | Pink White Blue. To celebrate this, we have joined style forces with Sydney based travel blogger and personal luxury travel stylist GG Inspired to bring you her Santorini experience, top tips while you are there and a few treats.
What can only be described as one of the most romantic islands on earth, Santorini is one of those places that is guaranteed to pull on your heartstrings at first sight.
BK: You visited Santorini in 2015. Tell us what you loved so much about this iconic destination.
GG: It is such an extraordinary island! Prepare to enjoy stunning sunsets, delicious Greek food, fantastic wine and some of the best hotels in the world. There are so many notable characteristics. White painted villages perched on top of dramatic red cliffs looking out onto an active volcanic crater. Views down onto cruise ships and sailing boats that look like toys. It is just so beautiful!
BK: What was one of your most memorable experiences during your stay?
GG: While sailing around the island we came across a man who lives by himself on the volcano! That’s right, the volcano! We had heard about him when asking more about the one of the uninhabited islands near the volcano. His name is Sostis. They say he is suffering from a broken heart and decided to live away from civilisation.
BK: Tell us your Santorini MUST DO’s
GG: So many wonderful things to do:
- Sail around the island
- Do the Fira to Oia walk
- Visit the black beach (the sand is black from the ancient volcanic eruptions)
- Explore the Minoan Bronze Age Settlement
- Watch the sun slipping into the Aegean Sea from your hotel/restaurant/ vantage point at sunset
- Boutique shopping in Oia
- Grab yourself a gyros for lunch in Fira
- Book a dinner date at Anogi in Imerovigli. It is a super casual local restaurant with incredible Greek food just like you imagine it to be. We devoured the octopus, halloumi, Greek salad, tzatziki and chicken kebabs. We skipped lunch the next day…we were so stuffed! Their wine selection is also great including their house wine.
We stayed at Grace Santorini. It is an ultra-chic boutique hotel perfectly positioned on cliffs overlooking the Aegean Sea.
BK: Where did you stay?
GG: We stayed at Grace Santorini. It is an ultra-chic boutique hotel perfectly positioned on cliffs overlooking the Aegean Sea. Breathtaking views with the best vantage points to watch the sunset into the ocean. We were treated to champagne on arrival, degustation breakfasts, a personalised stay and a gorgeous private pool to relax by.
BK: Tell us about the fantastic complimentary amenities our readers will receive when booking at Grace Santorini with you.
GG: When booking your stay with me expect the following:
- An upgrade at your time of arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary full breakfast for two daily for the duration of your stay
- Complimentary one-way private airport transfers
- A welcome bottle of champagne, fruit and chocolates
- Early check-in/ late check-out, subject to availability
BK: What were your packing essentials for this trip?
GG: My faithful leather holdall, a large-brimmed hat, my favourite pair of sunglasses, a statement piece of jewellery and my Bird and Knoll scarf. Light and versatile pieces that would easily see me from day to night.