macayla | bali is one of my favourite destinations and the inspiration behind our bali | festival fever scarf. it holds a special place in my heart and no trip is the same. i find the culture so intriguing, the people so warm and welcoming, the food so delicious and beaches so beautiful and relaxing … i like to experience something different when travelling so as a savvy traveller with an environmental bent the extraordinary eco-chic retreat bambu indah is top on my wishlist to stay. the retreat is made up of 13 beautifully restored javanese houses with muslin-draped four-posters and unique luxe designer touches in each such as a glass floor suspended over a fish-filled pond in one (undang), a handmade copper bathtub in another (afrika) to name a few. set in a rice field garden on the edge of the ayung river, once belonging to Javanese noblemen, canadian jewellery designer john hardy and his wife cynthia have rebuilt each to create a small magical hamlet, just outside the village of ubud.
bambu indah sounds utterly magical, an awakening to all the senses in a setting that truly embraces the best scenery, fresh local in house produce and cultural insights bali has to offer with a few hi-tech luxuries included in an eco friendly focused resort.
packing essentials for your bali escape …
– a bird and knoll scarf to use as a beach kimono or sarong over a swimsuit – also great to wrap over your shoulders when visiting temples or as it cools down in the evening.
– a floaty dress for romantic dinners, something from zimmerman would fit the bill.
– a versatile tote – my favourite is the ‘state of escape’ escape bag. it is perfect to throw everything i need in for day trips or when heading to the beach.
natalie | provence seems to bring out the best in poets, painters and photographers alike. it inspired the vivid images of van gogh and cézanne with patchwork fields of lavender, poppy and sunflower and we also found inspiration here for our provence | la poste scarf from ‘the simplest of things’, a beautifully antiqued marble letterbox that to us had that certain ‘je ne sais quois’. this type of inspiration was also a plenty at one of our favourite places to stay hotel particulier. with a location to die for hotel particulier is on the doorstep of the arles’ myriad of attractions and landmarks in provence, such as fontaine des quatre-dauphins, musée granet … however you may not want to leave the grounds – it is possible to waste away the day lounging in the effortlessly-glamourous decor, strolling through the garden, swimming in the sun soaked pool or reading a book in the slightly moroccan accented super-stylish courtyard whilst scooping fresh raspberry jam onto delicate little pastries.
packing essentials for provence include …
– your bird and knoll provence | la poste scarf – the final edit to any outfit and something you can drape over your shoulders to protect you from the sun.
– a bassike cotton jersey dress that can take you from day to night with the simple change from strappy sandals to heels.
– a good book.
macayla | the sublime aqua waters of thailands’ bays reflect relaxation and adventure in equal measure. lay back and experience the local long tail loungers as they ferry you to pristine secret beaches where softly lapping waves will tickle your toes and ease your worries away. ahhh one of our favourite destinations and somewhere I could go a million times and never get sick of. i would love to stay at the the sarojin when next there. it seems like the place you would head to for a special occasion. situated on a tranquil, secluded beach in khao lak surrounded by the khao sok national park rainforest, with spacious 5 star rooms, drool-worthy food and an ‘imagineer’ to make your dreams come true … really does sound too good to be true. something wanderlust traveller should experience at least once in their lifetime
the main focus of this resort, set in what can only be described as an unspoilt paradise, is ‘impeccable personalised service’, with a few dreamy necessities such as bath rims the perfect size for champagne glasses, an uber-spa and a deli-bar in each room … get me there now!!!
packing essentials for thailand …
– a good hat – i am a little obsessed with the my red lippy panama hat in classic navy or apricot with the apricot ribbon currently.
– a bird and knoll thailand | long tail lounging scarf to use as a cover-up for beach or poolside lounging (watch here how to style your bird and knoll), a wrap over your shoulders for cool evenings or a headscarf for long tail adventures.
– your favourite pair of cut off denim shorts – great with a singlet and sandals for day or heels and a shirt for evening.
enter our competition …
for your chance to win one of the three beautiful bird and knoll cashmere-blend scarves featured here on this blog (valued at $298 each), simply follow the steps below:
– follow @birdandknoll and @iescape on twitter OR
– follow @birdandknoll and @iescapehotels on instagram
– use hashtag #iescapewithbirdandknoll
the three lucky winners will be notified via instagram or twitter on 22nd may, 29th may and 5th june 2015. competition ends friday 5 june with a winner being announced each week.
terms and conditions:
– to enter the competition, follow @birdandknoll and @iescape on twitter or @birdandknoll and @iescapehotels on instagram and tell us where you would travel with your scarf using the hashtag #iescapewithbirdandknoll
– opening and closing dates of the competition are 15 May – 4 June 2015.
– three separate winners will each win one bird and knoll luxury scarf valued at $298 each.
– the winners will be notified on twitter/instagram on 22 may, 29 may and 5 june 2015.
– competition is not open to i-escape or bird and knoll employees
– competition is open only to those aged 18 and over.
– no purchase is necessary to enter.
– there will be no cash or alternative prize available.
– i-escape and bird and knoll reserve the right to amend or withdraw the competition without notice due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control.